The Finger Lakes has plenty of ways to experience live music – from small, intimate venues to large, outdoor amphitheaters. No matter your style, get ready to pump up the jams and shake your groove thing.
When it comes to smaller acts, there are so many venues to choose from around the region, but a few stand out from the rest:
- Funk ‘n Waffles – As the name implies, this is where musical performances are paired with delicious dishes. Not just a breakfast food, waffles come either sweet or savory – and are happily consumed while listening to local bands or during open mic night. *Locations in Rochester and Syracuse.
- Finger Lakes Live – A music bar and lounge venue dedicated to promoting live music across genres in downtown Geneva. Come for a concert, spend all night on the dance floor or kick back with drinks - this is the spot to be Wednesday through Saturday.
Finger Lakes Live
- TAGS – Located in the hills of Big Flats, Tag’s Summer Stage has hosted national headline entertainment – such as The Steve Miller Band, The Beach Boys, and Barenaked Ladies, drawing in crowds of 5,000. Their Music On The Deck series features regional artists in a range of genres and local craft brews.
Tag’s Summer Stage
- Waterside Wine Bar – This cozy wine bar in Phelps holds live music every Friday and Saturday night with a complete NY State wine and beer list to compliment.
Summer-night concert series are also common across the communities of the Finger Lakes, with live music at wineries, outside patios, public parks and smaller stages.
If dancing with other singing fans is more your style, check out these can’t-miss festivals:
- HARVEST – A one-day, free event in late September with three different stages showcasing local and regional musicians along Market Street in Corning’s Gaffer District.
- Finger Lakes GrassRoots Festival of Music & Dance – A four-day festival held at the Trumansburg Fairgrounds (10 miles north of Ithaca), featuring over 80+ bands across four different stages.
- Rochester International Jazz Festival – One of the world’s leading jazz festivals where 1,500+ artists perform in over 300 concert venues (both public outdoor stages and ticketed indoor venues) throughout nine days. Look out for the next Jazz Festival at the end of June 2020!
Rochester International Jazz Festival
Big names and national touring acts grace the outdoor arenas of CMAC Performing Arts Center in Canandaigua and St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheatre at Lakeview in Syracuse during the summer months. While the packed entertainment lineup at del Lago Resort & Casino in Waterloo, Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack in Farmington and Tioga Downs Casino Resort in Nichols bring in crowds from across the region all year long.
CMAC Performing Arts Center
Pick a venue and catch a show – no matter what you choose, it’ll sure to be a hit!